A departure from kayak posts, but I'll be sociable and play.
The Open Book Meme:
These were the instructions:
1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open it at page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence/ phrase.
4. Blog the next four sentences/ phrases together with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig your shelves for that very special or intellectual book.
6. Pass it forward to six friends
I'm bending the rules a bit since the nearest book was Sodoku, and the next was a phone book. I think the book I'm in the middle of reading would be fair and not count as cherry picking.
From Neal Stephenson's "Quicksilver":
"Your master taught you well"
"The ass taught me nothing," Hooke said.
"Anyone who is not a half-wit can learn all there is to know of painting, by standing in front of paintings and looking at them. What was the use, then, of being an apprentice?"
I don't follow 6 blogs at this point. Here are the 2 I tagged:
If you want to trace backward, I was tagged by bonnie